Fair Processing Notice – Good Business Festival Website & Mailing List
Identity and contact details of the controller and where applicable, the controller’s representative and the data protection officer
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority (‘the CA’) is the ‘controller’ for your personal information. This means that we decide the purpose and means of how your data is used as part of providing the Good Business Festival website (via cookies) and providing you with requested email updates.
If you have any questions about how your information is being used you can contact the CA’s Data Protection Officer at
0151 330 1679
1 Mann Island, Liverpool, L69 3HN
Purpose of the processing and the legal basis for the processing
For both our website and our mailing list we rely on your consent to process your information.
Description of the categories of personal data
DoubleClick: We use Google Adwords & Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.
For the mailing list we will collect your name, email address, the company you work for and job title.
Any recipient or categories of recipients of the personal data
Information provided to be part of our mailing list will be shared with MailChimp for the purposes of sending you the requested updates.
Details of transfers to third country and safeguards
Your personal data will be transferred outside the European Economic Area (all EU Member States, plus Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) to the United States, where MailChimp are based. This data transfer is protected by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Retention period or criteria used to determine the retention period
Your data will be kept until you withdraw your consent or, if you have not opted in to receive future mailings, the Good Business Festival is concluded. This retention has been determined by our business need.
The existence of each of data subject’s rights
The GDPR provides you with the following rights when it comes to your personal data:
- The right to be informed how your personal data is being processed
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you, which includes providing copies of the information to you within one month of a request. We may charge a reasonable fee to provide this information based on our administrative costs of responding (i.e. photocopying, postage, etc.).
- The right to rectification of any incorrect or incomplete data we hold about you
- The right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, where
- Your information is no longer required for the purpose it was collected
- You withdraw your consent
- You object to the CA processing your information (and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing)
- There is a legal obligation to delete the data (such as a court order)
- The right to restrict processing, which limits what the CA can do with your information
- The right to data portability, where any automated processing of your information based on your consent or as part of a contract is made available for your reuse
- The right to object to direct marketing or any processing based on the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority or for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling, where a decision made by a computer has a legal or significant effect on you.
The right to withdraw consent at any time
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data to the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner, who can be reached using the details below:
The Information Commissioner’s Office,
Cheshire SK9 5AF
0303 123 1113